abdominal visceral manipulation & craniosacral Therapy combined for body balancing
The combination of these two therapies is very powerful in balancing tissue throughout the body. This session is best for women preparing for pregnancy or postpartum who are no longer breastfeeding. Also great for dad.
What happens during Abdominal manipulation
Visceral Manipulation involves a very gentle abdominal massage. It encourages normal mobility, tone around your organs, and strips away the adhesion caused by scar tissue, inflammation in pregnancy. The goal is to restore the pliable, mobile state that helps your organs get the circulation and nutrients they need to function properly. Visceral Manipulation (VM) was developed by French Osteopath, Jean-Pierre Barral. He was named one of TIME Magazine’s Top Six Innovators for Alternative Medicine to watch in the new millennium.
The Benefits of VM include, but are not limited to:
- Sciatica – Back, hip, and knee pain
- Post-surgical pain and Scar tissue – Women’s health issues
- Endometriosis – Fibroids and Cysts
- Bladder incontinence – Crohn’s Disease
- Liver disorders – Digestive disorders
- Pediatrics issues – Neuromotor problems
- Ward off infection – Emotional disorders
- Anxiety and Depression – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Craniosacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the tissue to relieve pain and dysfunction to improve health performance. Tension around the spinal cord and brain created by pregnancy prevents the specific organ systems and the overall body from working properly. Symptoms may include, but are not limited to:
- Pelvic floor tightness or weakness – Intimacy discomfort
- Pain in the low back, shoulders, hips – Minor or severe incontinence
- Bowel movement straining – Heaviness in the pelvis
- Weak core – Menstrual imbalances/irregularity
- Abdominal area feeling heavy and tired
YOUR ABDOMINAL MANIPULATION EXPERIENCE
Lying face-up on the massage table, your abdominal area from below your breast down to your lower belly will be exposed. Your viscera — your major internal organs located in the abdomen — are lightly pressed through your abdominal muscles. The visceral manipulation massage action does three things:
1. Reveals visceral adhesions. Julie, a well-trained practitioner, can determine the tight spots (adhesions) and treat them accordingly.
2. Educates you. You and Julie will work as a team to find the tender positions in your abdomen. During this portion of the session, it is vital to communicate throughout the procedure, to create a more thorough treatment.
3. Breaks up adhesions. Massaging and pressing, stretches the collagen fibers that make up your fascia, which loosens tightly-bound fibers to break up adhesions. This releases the organs and allows them to move more freely. Minor adhesions may resolve after one session. Tough, stubborn adhesions may require several sessions plus self-manipulation between appointments. This type of therapy never goes above a pain level of a two (1-10, 10 being intolerable). The body processes the therapy for a few days, therefore follow-ups should be spaced out about two weeks.