A more familiar term for Womb Cleansing Therapy would be vaginal steaming, but it’s so much more than sitting over gently steaming water with a special herbal blend steeping inside. The warmth and moisture increase circulation to the vulva (exterior tissues of the vagina), allowing the medicinal plant oils to the mucus membranes which is very absorbent. This allows the herbal properties to be absorbed by the bloodstream and be carried to the inner reproductive system. These special blends help the uterus cleanse and release built up tissues on its lining, ensuring that the next cycle is easy and pain-free. It’s renewing, empowering, and clarifying to say the least. This is a treatment that midwives and the elder women have used for 1000’s of years in other cultures and is still being practiced today. In our Western Culture we either look down at it as a miss or a social event however, I feel that it should be embraced as our cycles themselves. Our cycle is that of four stages with completely different aspects and needs. The lessons I have learned about myself and this forgotten passage has filled me with a passion to share this to me newly learned consents of healing monthly.
When there is an excess build up of uterine lining that has not shed in previous cycles or pregnancies may cause reproductive challenges such as menstrual cramping, heavy flow, trapped emotions, and even infertility.
Women have used steaming practice for thousands of years to:
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after birth.
- Assist with balancing the pelvic floor muscles after childbirth.
- Assist with the repair of a vaginal tear, episiotomy.
- Eases pain during intercourse due to tightness or scar tissue.
- Significantly reduce cramping, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation.
- Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark blood at the end of menses.
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
- Increase fertility, especially when combined with other treatment platforms.
- Reduce uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis.
- Assist with the healing of hemorrhoids.
- Relieve chronic vaginal/yeast infections, and works to maintain healthy odor.
- Release stored emotions stored in the pelvic floor muscles.
- Ease symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain during intercourse.
We offer a two-month package consisting of 12 treatment sessions, directions, and a 15-minute consultation with Julie Jetzer, LMBT, CPT, CHC to figure out your blend for $120.00.
You can call on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursdays at 10:45, 12:45, or 2:45 for your 15-minute consultation. The consultation is free if it is determined that it would be a contraindication to do Womb Cleansing Therapy at this time. You can either come to the office to collect your special blend or they can be mail for an additional $10.00.